Today has been the best day EVER….well…technically yesterday since it is after midnight. So…what made this day chuck full o’ awesome?
1. Went to the Tek cupcake event…helped support Tek’s charity, got to meet Tek and had him serve me a yummy Green Monster cupcake.
2. Met Tek’s wife, chit chatted with her for a while.
3. Found out that a picture I took of Jason Varitek form his last game at Fenway last season is blown up, framed and in Jason Varitek’s home. Tek and his wife both said they love the picture and Tek said I was awesome…and clearly I am.
4. I went to the Sox game today and was a wee bit bummed that Youk wasn’t in the lineup since I bought an expensive fancy shmancy ticket to be sitting near Youk and 3B. However, Youk was out during BP…and because I am a crazy person and have no shame…got Youk to give a nice ol’ wave in my direction. That is all I need.
5. I won the tweet your seat contest at Fenway. If you don’t know what that is…on twitter they ask at a certain time for people to tweet their seat location and if you get chosen you win a prize. I got a t-shirt, a hat, a bumper sticker and a magazine.
6. My name was up on the New Balance scoreboard for Red Sox Nation members.
7. The Sox walked off with a 3 run HR to have me dancing and cheering my way out of Fenway!
8. And lastly…on the walk back to my garage, I found a $20 bill on the street. Sweet! That paid for my parking and then some!
Basically….it’s been Shelley Day of Awesomeness! I hope tomorrow is more of the same!